MENU

Boo! Students’ thoughts on Popular Dating Trend, “Ghosting”

Ghosting seems to be growing in popularity over the years, especially with an emphasis on social media and online dating. Ghosting is when someone cuts off all contact without warning. It’s an easy way out of a relationship if you’re just not feeling it. If you’ve ever been ghosted, you know that it can leave you feeling confused, hurt, and curious as to what went wrong. Ghosting has become a regular part of the dating scene.

Is there an acceptable time to ghost someone? EvCC students agree that if someone is being inappropriate in any way, there’s no need to prolong the conversation. But otherwise, just be honest and tell the person how you feel and why so they’re not left to wonder. Clear communication is key at -all- stages of a relationship.

About the Contributors
Elena, Staff Writer
What are you doing when you aren’t at The Clipper? When I’m not at the Clipper, in classes, or working I am usually listening to music, hanging out with my family and friends, looking at memes, exploring bookstores and coffee shops, trying new recipes or working out. What’s on your bucket list? I’d love to...
Derek Williams, Staff Writer
What interests you about journalism? Understanding the power of news. Where does The Clipper fit into your long-term goals? Communication Major, so understanding where news comes from and how to translate the news. What are you doing when you aren’t at The Clipper? I am enjoying the great outdoors, photography, snowboarding, or riding my motorcycle....