So This Is Graduation: Tips On How To Make It Through

EvCC students listening to a speaker at last year graduation. // Courtesy of EvCC Student LIFE

hroughout their school lives full of hard work, students gain their final outcomes; degrees and certificates when they graduate. At EvCC, graduation happens on a continuous basis because there are graduating students every quarter. EvCC’s graduating students may get most help with their graduating processes in Enrollment Services, which is located in Parks Student Union, Room 201.

Students must apply for their degrees or certificates with Enrollment Services by the quarterly deadlines updated regularly on Graduation Application Process page at the EvCC web site.
Applications must have a completed program checklist or a print out of the program Degree Audit provided on EvCC web page. Once a student has completed their applications and grades are finalized, the notation of the certificate or degree will be added to the transcript. Depending on the time of year, the student should receive their diploma in the mail in 6-8 weeks.

Students have different plans after their graduation.

“I am going to school at my church to go into ministry,” said Gabriel Seekins, a graduating EvCC student. He explains it feels unreal to him because he is graduating high school at the same time since he is doing running start. Another EvCC student, T.J. Cha says “since I’m graduating with an associate with art so once I graduate I can fulfill my dream as an exotic dancer.”

Students graduate quarterly at EvCC. However, the college holds one graduation ceremony every June. In 2015, the EvCC Commencement Ceremony is on June 12 at Whitehorse Hall. In order for graduates to participate in the event, they have to apply by April 3 on “RSVP for the 2015 Graduation Ceremony” link provided on the school’s online site or with Student LIFE.

“I feel partly relieved about graduating but also stressed because I will go to university now which is far more difficult and also more expensive,” said Ben Darling, a student from EvCC. “I feel great that I’m graduating. Once I graduate, I’ll make enough money from exotic dancing to move out,” said T.J. Cha.