Letter from the Editor-in-Chief

It’s been a fantastic start to the year for The Clipper team. I am excited to see where this year will take us and what we will learn.

The day before school started, we hired student Brooke Robbinson as our graphics editor. I am thankful to have her expertise in our team and she has been excellent in assisting us with design elements. She fits right in with the rest of the editing team. Check out our new logo!

Everything my fellow editors and I have planned over the summer is finally becoming reality and so far it’s all working out. I got to put faces to names and see our staff writers and photographers and I believe we have a great bunch who are on their way to success not only at The Clipper, but later on in life!

Some of my goals for The Clipper this year are:

• To allocate resources better
  • Perceive every opportunity
  • Exercise every outlet of this organization to its fullest potential

I am still getting used to being a leader. I have to work on how to teach; I think I’ve mastered editing, but with the style of this news organization there comes a time where I act as the “instructor” of sorts. I never thought of myself as a teacher, but there’s a first time for everything.

I hope you enjoy our stories and that we effectively reflect your voice, experience and community at EvCC. As always, if you have any news tips or story ideas don’t hesitate to reach out to us on Facebook, Twitter or in-person at Whitehorse Hall, Room 265-268.

Sincerely,
Abby Tutor, Editor-in-Chief