Shane and Emily Live on Campus

An Acoustic Duo Entertains Students

Emily+Grace+and+Shane+Anderson+singing+at+their+live+concert+held+in+the+PSU+cafeteria.+

Jonathon Aguilar

Emily Grace and Shane Anderson singing at their live concert held in the PSU cafeteria.

Known for their quirky and fun personalities on stage, Shane Anderson and Emily Grace drove from Tampa, Florida to perform at EvCC. If you look at The Clipper twitter feed (@everettclipper) you’ll find a few short clips of the duo singing on stage, they performed a few cover songs and mash ups that got the crowd singing with them.

One of these songs was the theme song from the famous series “Friends.” Lindsay Hudson, the program manager at Student LIFE, was singing along to this song and even got a shout out from Grace. Grace thinks that Hudson has some resemblance from Phoebe, a character in “Friends” who also happens to be one of Grace’s favorite characters.

Slowly but surely the audience gathering around the long both seat hoping to catch a song right before they head to class. Those who were able to stick around longer grabbed lunch and ate in the tables near by or took a seat where they could.
Jonathon Aguilar

They love cats, as Grace said at the show. “So we have a cat in the RV with us.. she’s so evil,” Grace begins to say. Anderson defends his cat and says “she knows what she likes and what she doesn’t like, that’s what that is.” This is just one of the many examples of their quirkiness on stage. 

Anderson and Grace write their own songs as well; “Talk” is their first song they put out as a Shane & Emily and was written by them. Another song that they wrote was “Carry Me.” Their music can be found on iTunes and Spotify.

Shane & Emily’s music tends to be about life situations; dealing with love, spirituality and view points on life. They were also selling CDs at the event and were signing autographs and taking pictures with their audience. Colton Gifforb, a student, bought a t-shirt and scored their autographs, “it’s my good luck charm, I am not washing this anymore,” he says happily as he gets ready to arrive to his class, which he was slightly late for.

Programs Board is trying something new. This is the VIP treatment, free pizza and front row comfortable seats to the live concert. Follow EvCC Student Life on facebook and twitter to participate in the drawing for the next event.
Jonathon Aguilar

During their show, Grace wanted to put her partner in the spotlight. Before they became Shane & Emily, Anderson put out some music solo.  She told the audience to search “Shane Anderson” on iTunes. “There is one song that’s about his cat dying, you have to guess which one it is,” Grace says as she challenges the audience. Embarrassed, yet smiling Anderson says, “I hate her more every passing day… I’m just kidding.”