Spring Fling Jamboree  Club Fest Taking Over

Diana Pinon

Almost Classy pumping up the crowd as they performer medleys of some of the most popular songs today.

Anthony Ansay, Special Events and Recreation Coordinator, along with his colleagues have been planning Spring Fling Jamboree Club Fest since April. Events such as this one happen every quarter, yet this one was promised to be different because it was held outside the Jackson Center. This event was held on Wednesday May 20th, from 11 am to 1 pm and many of the Everett Community College students attended.
There were more than 16 out of the 40 clubs on campus who participated in this event, from BSU (Black Student Union) to CRU (Christian Club) were involved. Club fest allows the different clubs and organizations recruit members. As Lucien Lekea, EvCC student and a member of BSU, states, “It gives the clubs a chance to get their words out to people.” This way they get a little preview of what all clubs are about.

Other clubs such as MEChA took advantage of this opportunity to raise awareness about their club as well as to fundraise. “We are here representing MEChA, we’re selling empanadas, vanilla and pineapple flavor, to help the club and the DC trip, we also have a pie throw,” said Adan Martinez-Sanchez, MEChA council member and EvCC student. Bolun Yang, EvCC student, also had the opportunity to promote Chinese Club and invite people to join the club by handing out candy to the ones who were interested or who stopped at the club’s table.

Yet many of the attendees were there for the free entrainment and free ice cream. One of them being Samantha Estremera, EvCC student, “I like it a lot. I bought a few things including a shirt.” She also stated how her favorite activity was the free ice cream and dunk the professor was the most hilarious. “Dunk Your Professor” was promoted by the Engineering Club and the first professor to be dunked in the cold water was Kristine Washburn. The majority of the students didn’t know most of the professors who were about to get dunked, if not as a student Shelby said “I would so do it, I would kick it.”

The band Almost Classy put a sparkle to the event by playing some of the latest hits. They started by playing the famous “Billionaire,” and as the crowd gathered around the music kept playing and dance moves started.

The free ice cream attracted most of the people who attended and even thought the weather wasn’t as great as it was predicted, around 700 ice cream bars were handed out in less than 3 hours. CRU members also enjoyed “the free ice cream and loved the music.” At the end of the day Ansay said “It was what I expected it to be. I can’t complain.”