Time Saver: Where to Snack Off-Campus

Emily Lint

An EvCC student travels back to campus after going on a journey to find food near campus.

At EvCC, there are places to get food, at the student store and coffee stands, but the problem is, they’re usually busy. So the question is, where do students go during what little free time they have? There are a few close places to the school to choose from, such as 7-11, Subway, and Starbucks. These places get most of their business from college students. 7-11’s owner says, “About 70% of my business comes from when college is in.” Some offer benefits for students as well. Starbucks allows students to have a study area while they enjoy their coffee, 7-11 offers a student discount right now, and Subway offers healthy options for student consumption. EvCC student Joey Donegan said “I like the hot food section at 7-11”, while Freshman Emiley Royals says she likes being able to get a fresh sandwich at subway. All these eateries are in walking distance, adding a convince factor. 7-11 and Subway are about a 7 minute walk from Whitehorse Hall. So if you go to the student store and there is a long line, you have options.