Fenty Beauty: Is it Worth the Hype?

Student Lilas Mekinawe wearing the primer, foundation in “450” and highlighter in “Trophy Wife”

Unless you’ve been living under a rock this past month, you probably know that Rihanna launched her own makeup line called Fenty Beauty (Fenty is her last name) on September 8th. Since its announcement earlier this year, Rihanna fans and beauty gurus alike were ecstatic to see what kind of products this pop princess was going to put out.

Launching an all-inclusive makeup brand was Rihanna’s main mission when creating Fenty Beauty. Some of the products included in this brand are primer, foundation, highlighters, contour sets and so much more. With range like that, makeup lovers and even makeup novices are bound to find their shade and then something else of their liking.

Not only is the brand inclusive of all skin tones, but most products have multiple uses as well; especially the shimmer sticks and pan highlighters. Both products can double as face highlighters and eyeshadow colors, especially “Trophy Wife” which is the pan highlight shade everyone’s been buzzing about. This gold, hyper glittery product can add some extra bling to your daily makeup look whether it’s on your eyelids, cheekbones or even on your body.

The creamy, colorful shimmer sticks can double as a lipstick as well.

Now the foundation is great for all skin types. Though it has a matte finish, it works well on dry skin and oily skin alike. Whether you’re dry, normal, combo, oily or sensitive, this foundation, along with the pore-blurring primer, will give you a soft matte finish and a natural, healthy look to your skin.

Fenty Beauty never tests on animals. However, only a select few of the products are vegan friendly as some of the other products contain animal-based products like beeswax and carmine. The foundation, contour/concealer sticks, blotting powder, gloss, brushes, and tools are all vegan-friendly. Unfortunately, everything else is not.

EvCC student Lilas Mekinawe (pictured) tried the primer, foundation, stick highlighter in “Starstruck”, and pan highlighter in “Trophy Wife” and said, “The highlight was hella poppin. The aliens in space could see me. And the foundation matched my skin tone perfectly and was non-oily.”

The brand definitely lives up to its hype and works incredibly well no matter your skin tone, skin type or even makeup skill. Also, whether you want to go for a natural look or more bold look, Fenty Beauty’s products can help you get the results you want.

To shake up the beauty industry even more, the brand is releasing colorful galaxy-inspired lipsticks and an eyeshadow palette coming later this month. So be sure to look out for that holiday collection and be sure to enjoy all of the other Fenty products as well.

Various Fenty Beauty products including the blotting paper, pan highlight in “Trophy Wife” and the shimmer sticks in “Confetti” and “Starstruck”