Top 7 Most Binge-Worthy Shows on Netflix

+Aired+2008-+2013+%E2%80%9CBreaking+Bad%E2%80%9D+

Courtesy Photo

Aired 2008- 2013 “Breaking Bad”

As the age of technology increases, we begin to see a shift in the term, “binge watching.” Once a term used for when you’re at home watching your favorite shows or movies on repeat is now a term that has gone mobile. As Netflix, Hulu and free apps become more available for phones and tablets, it’s easy to become more engulfed in the world of “binge watching” everywhere, and anytime. So what shows are worthy of college students time? Well, here are the 7 most binge-worthy shows:

1. Stranger Things: This Golden Globe nominated show is about a boy who disappears. The town who is on the hunt to find him discovers different realms, secret government experiments and a girl with supernatural abilities.

Rotten Tomatoes: 95%                                                       My Rating: 100%

2.The Office: In an office home to workers of a paper company in Scranton, PA employees document their experiences through comedy, pranks and interactions from one another. EvCC student Anthony Murray said The Office is his favorite show because “the writing is full of comedy gold, but mainly because it takes something as dull as a desk job at a paper company and makes it hilarious.”

Rotten Tomatoes: 85%                                                    My Rating:  87%

3. Parks and Recreation: A show that is home to comedians such as leading actress Amy Poehler and Lake Stevens’ own Chris Pratt gives comical relief to the government work of Parks and Recreation and how a woman must lead a community through the hurdles of the city officials.

Rotten Tomatoes: 90%                                                    My Rating: 80%

4. Breaking Bad: Chemistry teacher Walter White, who learns he is dying of cancer, decides to take matters into his own hands by becoming a meth manufacturer to earn enough money to take care of his family. EvCC student Esther Dovii said, “…it’s almost believable, I can justify why Mr. White did what he did.”

Rotten Tomatoes: 95%                                                    My Rating:90%

5. Grey’s Anatomy: Based in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle, WA, the main character Meredith Grey starts as an intern to becomes a resident in a hospital where her personal and professional emotions come between her and her fellow doctors.

Rotten Tomatoes: 70%                                                     My Rating: 75%

6. Orange is The New Black: Following the life of Piper Chapman, who once lead a life in Manhattan, now is trying to operate in the world of Federal prison. EvCC student Miranda Cranston says Orange is The New Black is one of her favorites because, “… it’s based on a true story and it’s a crazy story, and it’s very interesting to know what the American prison system is like and what prisoners go through.”

Rotten Tomatoes: 95%                                                     My Rating: 95%

7. Friends:  Hollywood’s biggest names, such as Jennifer Aniston and David Schwimmer, come together in a sitcom following six 20-30-year olds who come together to go through the life of love, failure and growing up.

Rotten Tomatoes: 93%                                                   My Rating: 96%