Spring Fling is Back

Highlights From This Year’s Clubfest

Lavoy rocks the main stage at Spring Clubfest on May 26.

Spring Fling Clubfest kept the campus busy on May 27, EvCC clubs attended the event and brought plenty of students and free ice cream, too.

Organized by Student Life, Clubfest is an opportunity for clubs to gain exposure and new members, and for students to get to have some fun!

The day started off with a live band and free ice cream, and don’t forget the free wax hands being made and even a photo booth.

One club that attended was STEAM Club or the Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics club. The club has plenty of room and Advisor Joe Graber said, “anyone can join and we’re happy to have them.” The club is currently working on three big projects and are in the“real fun part,” putting it all together Graber said.

Also among the clubs was SEA Club, the Students Environmental Action club. The club hosts many events from going hiking to being a part of an annual plant sale on campus. If you’re interested in joining, you can find them at Index 101 on Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m.

Not everyone was there to have fun and recruit new potential club members. For clubs like MEChA this was a great chance to get across their message. Student Jessica Ordaz said that they were looking to “redefine stereotypes” and show that they’re not just “labels” and she wanted to remind everyone that “we’re humans with goals and dreams.”

For more on the Clubfest or information on clubs and meeting times, contact Student LIFE at 425-388-9561 or find them in Parks Student Union room 209.